Monday, November 11, 2013

No More Excuses

After completing my 10 miles in September and being on cloud nine for weeks, I've slacked. I'm still in disbelief that I actually ran 10 miles. seriously. Sure, I got sick and was on IV's but that's really not a good enough excuse. There is always something I could be doing. Strength training, yoga, or just walking. But I haven't or at least not regularly or with any consistency. I've tested the waters, I've dabbled. and shamefully, I've found every reason under the sun to not get my stride back.

Sometimes, the motivation to being regular with working out has to come from outside forces. Or at least this theory is true for me.I need someone to join me, this way I feel guilty for canceling or I just need someone to say "hey, lets sign up for this half marathon" and I on a whim say "yeah! that sounds fun."

So, now I find myself on the roster for the Hippie Chick Half Marathon for 2014. I don't think I can afford to make any more excuses. Thankfully, the run is in Spring of 2014. But I need to start doing something at least 3 times a week. I've got a workout plan that allows me to mostly be indoors until late January. Thankgoodness for a treadmill, youtube yoga and free weights.

I'm nervous and excited all wrapped into a holycowImightactuallyrunahalfmarathon ball of craziness.

NO MORE EXCUSES.

13.1 here I come............

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...