Saturday, December 28, 2013

My Mantra in Two Words


Because……

It's calming
I literally and figuratively strive for it each day
I spend thousands of dollars a year to do so
The world would be a gentler place if we practiced this before speaking
Life is hard
Inhaling new life while exhaling the old gives us perspective
Its life sustaining
Its a Christmas gift from a sweet sister-in-law of mine
It is not guaranteed for tomorrow

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breath in. Breathe out. Ever stop and notice your breathe? I can get so busy that I forget to 'Just Breathe'. To take a moment for myself. To relish in the beauty of life. To look around and see all the blessing.

Lately, I've noticed that I don't have any breathe; spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically (at times). I have been completely expelled. With all that has been going on with my health and behind the scenes with family and friends.

On Christmas when I opened this lovely little gift I was reminded to 'Just Breathe'. I also was compelled to look at what the Bible tells us about breathing. I ended up being enthralled with the part in the creation story where God breathed into Adam- and he lived. God gave Adam His very breath and all the days of Adam's life were sustained by that one, ONE, life-giving breath. God breathed out. Adam breathed in.

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Job 33:4

I'm reminded to Just Breathe; God's got this.

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...