Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Every Day Heroes...

In life we have people who come into our lives for different reasons and different periods of time. Each person has a purpose in our lives whether to teach us a lesson or to help us thru a difficult time; the reasons are endless. Some people stay for a few days while others stay a lifetime.

I have had the pleasure of having many people come into my life. Some of those people have faded from my life and many are still walking side by side with me thru life. Each and every person has brought something to my life that I would not have had they not been present.

In the journey of meeting, learning, supporting, caring, etc for the different individuals in my life I have learned an incredible lesson. The people who walk side by side with those who have terminal illnesses are the heroes. Many people tell me... "Kari, your such a hero, your such a great resource for the rest of the world...." but the truth is I am not. I don't have a choice. I cannot wake up each day and make the decision to have CF or not to have CF. The people who walk with me do. They wake up each day and get to make the decision to stand by me. Sometimes standing by someone like my self results in grief, heartache, anger, and hatred. These people choose to watch me suffer thru life with CF. They are the heroes! They are the ones who are courageous enough to make that decision and allow their hearts to be open.

I used to think I would never find someone who would be willing to marry me and spend the rest of their life watching me go through what I do. But I did! He is a hero in my book. He picks me up and helps me hold my head when I am weak. He makes me feel beautiful during times of despair. He is a hero.

My dear mother, there are no words to describe her strength. She is a force to reckon with. She never gave up on me. She fought when others had no hope, including myself. She never felt sorry for me, but encouraged me. She loved me thru my darkest of days, she never held a grudge, only determination. She laid by my side when I felt like I was facing my last days on earth, all the while reassuring me. She is a hero! She put all her fears, hurt, anger aside to support me as I fell to pieces. She was the one that picked the pieces up to help put me together ever single time without question. She once wrote "I would go to the ends of the earth for you!"

To all the heroes in my life. THANK YOU! My life would not be as wonderful as it is without all of you. I love you all more than any word can say.


~Doodlin'

1 comment:

  1. Kari- I love you so much I am so proud of who you have became, I may not be as involved in your everyday life as I once was-- but I still have that same determination that you will live a long life and have a lot of happiness in your life and you will in return give that back.

    Love you lots

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...