Thursday, August 6, 2009

Why I Shop!

I am sure many women will relate to this post but today seems fitting to write about my habit of shopping because I am feeling frustrated. When things in my life seem out of control, to overwhelming, stressful or simply to hard to mentally deal with I SHOP! I can tell when I am starting to feel this way because I will go to my favorite stores online and fill up my virtual shopping bag, I will even fill in my billing information but at the last minute quickly close my internet browser. I seriously will spend hours shopping online only to close the site at the last second. So needless to say the last few days I have been doing just that.

Many times I will go to a store and buy a few things, only to return them two or three days later because I feel guilty for purchasing the items. I do this even if we have the money. I do this even if I was given a gift card or money specifically for me (birthday, christmas, etc) The one and only person who can ease my feeling of guilt is my husband. If he approves; I for whatever reason feel less guilty, regardless of whether or not we have the money.

Today I broke I purchased. Things in my life have been very hectic. On top of spending the normal outrageous amount in medical expenses I had to have my wisdom teeth pulled. I will now need to have a root canal as well which dental of all medical expenses can be incredibly expensive depending on your dental plan or if you have dental coverage. Our truck needs a new windshield and our cars rear windows won't roll down. This doesn't include what's happening my professional life, while all good things, it's still very busy.

Ok I know I whinning but there just seems to be no relief. I also know that shopping doesn't help but it sure makes me feel better :)


~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...