Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Face to CF

May is National CF Awareness Month.... not sure how I feel about this. I mean it's great that enough "Big" people (government) are aware of CF and the devastation it brings but it also deeply saddens me to think that we need a month because of how prevalent it really is, you know, sort of like National Adoption Month (November) there are so many orphans in the world that we need a month designated to making people aware of such crisis against humanity.

Well, the primary reason for dedicating an entire month is to focus on fundraising. Another sad, reality, money. But a secondary, which should be primary in my mind, is about getting those with CF's stories out to the world in hopes to put a face with CF. You all have seen my face, but take a look at this sweet boy, Conner.

This is why May is National CF Awareness Month. If you feel have the resources I encourage you to donate here or if you don't then please take sometime to educate yourself about CF.

~Doodlin'

1 comment:

  1. Kari, I have to say, I had no clue. I went to the blog you posted. I'm still crying. I just want you to know. I love you. God Bless, Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...