Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Shoulders Can Hold No More

I use this blog as a way to get thoughts out of my head that may be something other's can use as they walk the maze of life with a terminal illness. Most of  All of the writings are about me, whats happening with me, how much I am suffering or how great something in my life is or was. Tonight my shoulders can hold no more. I must unload my burden and ask for help.

Today, I am over come with grief. My grief is not about me its about all the children suffering in our world. In our backyards, yet so many of us just sit by the side lines and do nothing. So many children suffer so we can have. So. Many. Children.

I came across information about child labor and chocolate while surfing facebook, I have heard this before but like millions of other self-induglent individuals I brushed it off. Well, today I felt a sharp pain in heart for having brushed it off. I feel guilty that I continued to fuel the monster. Today I take a stand to stop this ridiculous suffering. Seriously! Today I researched what chocolate to buy and found a nice list at Stop Chocolate Slavery.

After I had committed to buying only child-labor free goodies I was once again smacked in the face with starking realties of the extent of suffering children go thru. Invisible Children made a powerful video:


25 Recap Video from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.

After watching this I had tears running down my face. I am not just talking about children in far away lands but look in our backyard. Child Welfare does a nice job giving us a plethora of information about US orphans.

I know I alone can't change the world but I can start a movement. I can help be a voice to those who don't have one or rather must suppress their voice.

I know that you can't change the world alone but you can do SOMETHING. Whether it's being cautious of the products you purchase, being silent for 25 hours, become a foster parent, or simply write a blog post for billions to see. YOU and I can do SOMETHING. Will you take a stand with me?

The children of the world's shoulders can hold no more.........

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...