Friday, July 20, 2012

Courage: Needing More of It

Courage......

to be me (unmuted or muted)
to love freely
to graciously ask for help
to be open minded
to walk in outward faith
to seek my dreams
to change my course, as I deem fit
to not let the nay-sayers have power
to open my Bible and be fullfilled
to forgive those who have hurt me
to see each day, each new experience, each encounter as chalked full of pleasantries

This courage thing is something I see dripping from others, or maybe it's an illusion I paste on them. Maybe each of us exudes courage in some areas of life but not all. Maybe having CF has allowed me the privelege of understanding where I am not courageous, where I am most vulnerable. Or maybe having CF has clouded my sights and in that fog I see being vulnerable as a state of not being courageous.

Sometimes, for a split nano-second, the burden is too heavy. Other times, it seems so burdenless, so easy, so fluid, so natural. But those nano-seconds, phew, it's for those seconds I seek courage.

~Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...