Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pain into Purpose

The entire purpose behind this blog is to turn pain into purpose. To be inspired by pain. Any pain. Emotional or physical pain. While this sounds easy enough it actually has proven to be some what of a difficult thing to accomplish.

You see, I am a person who is incredibly sensitive. I become emotional very easily. I am ridiculously loyal and have been told that I wear my heart on my sleeve, which leaves it very exposed.  I am not one of those eternally optimistic individuals. I have to work at seeing the glass half full most of the time. This process of turning pain into purpose is something I have to work at, it doesn't come easily or naturally for me.

I could sit and be angry with God or the world. I could feel sorry for myself. I could let my disease control me. But I don't want to. I strive not to. I really wish I was eternally optimistic. I need to find inspiration within the pain.

I can tell you one thing; my faith in Christ has allowed me to see the purpose. My purpose has always been right in front of my nose but it is Christ who has opened my eyes to see it. After years of struggling with finding a purpose I am beginning to see my purpose.

I was beautifully made to be sensitive. Sensitive to the pain of others and myself so that I might be moved sooth the pain. To be inspired to alleviate, understand or transform pain. Much of my personal pain I have pushed into the deep dark depths of my soul. Only of late am I working to dredge it up, pay attention to it, give it a voice so that it can be transformed into something beautiful.

Something to make the world a better place. Something to be proud about. Something others can love. Something others see as inspiring. To give hope to those whose pain is ugly and buried deep; that it might be made into something much more.

~Doodlin'



1 comment:

  1. This task for you just comes so natural, the task being the entire last paragraph and then some. I'm inspired once again by you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...