Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Crepe Conundrum

The other night B got home before I did and I had asked him to start "thinking" about what he wanted for dinner. I usually try to meal plan the week before for the upcoming week so that it eliminates the stress of creating dinner each night. Truth be known I don't mind cooking or the clean up thereafter but I really hate trying to "think" of something or creating a meal out of what is in our cupboards. Come on, I know I am not alone in this?!

When I arrived home B had began making "breakfast" for dinner. One of my favorites. We usually do pancakes or waffles with bacon or sausage. But, yesterday he enter a new realm, a realm inwhich I am terrified. Crepes. He had read the instructions on the side of the pancake batter about making crepes. I have never made crepes and its one of those recipes that terrifies me. Crepes just seem so delicate and danty. But there he was just whipping them up like he'd done it his whole life. They were delicious!!

People tell me all the time how brave and stronge they think I am. I assure you that where I am strong and brave I have equal areas of weakness.Your areas of strength might be were I am weakest. Like B, he did not fear the batter and saw that crepe-making was just as easy as pancake-making. I did not see it that way. I was afraid of the crepes. Yes, this is over simplified but is it?

I started thinking about what other things I was afraid of that I really shouldn't be? What wonderful things am I holding myself back from that could easily be hurdled and give great joy?

Still not confident in crepe-making but thankful God gave me B so I could enjoy them at home.

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...