Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Bold New World....

Managing a chronic illness is beyond time consuming. It takes every minute of every day consciously engaging to simply stay in step with a chronic illness. However, I'm always learning new ways to simply and to reduce time spend.

I was a later user of an iphone or of any phone that allowed the use of apps. I'm finding that its a bold new world, with so many options in terms of electronic organization. I've found a few apps that I really love but one in particular has really helped me!

MyFitnessPal, has been life changing. Seriously. Having to track caloric intake plus counting carbs for insulin dosage can be daunting.The App allows you to enter what your eating or scan the barcode from the huge database it also remembers/stores your foods that you enter. The best part is that as you add food it allows you too see what your calorie, carb, sugar, fat, etc counts are. It also allows for exercise to be entered. All this is based on what you've entered as your body type, exercise level, and work type (sedinary, active) or you can over-write the whole thing to enter what calorie level you want. For me, I over-wrote it as 3000+ was not a preset setting :-)

For someone who must achieve 3000+ calories a day plus give 1 unit of insulin for every 15 carbs consumed, this apps makes it so easy and simple to track. The very BEST part is that I can take this information to my doctor. They can easily access what I've been eating and if based on what I'm eating I'm getting enough insulin.

Anyways, technology is pretty cool and in this case it's helped me simplify. In addition, I feel like I'm more accurate in my calorie reporting and carb counting.

Do you have a favorite app to help simplify your health? I'd love to hear about it.

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...