Monday, November 17, 2014

From Fall to Winter

Fall is slipping away and winter etches in a little more each day. Just last week we began noticing a beautiful layer of frost covering the ground each morning, making our morning coffee routine seem absolutely necessary and comforting. The fireplace is a blaze in the early hours just before dawn and well after sunset. The couches are littered with warm blankets with the sole purpose of snuggling. I love this time of year.

I love a fresh start that an approaching change of season exudes. For us, winter is a time of slowing down. We find ourselves at home more, in the kitchen more, sharing our time more, and relishing the slower pace of life during these months.

I haven't ran since completing the half-marathon in September. I've been nursing the knee that caused me so much grief and just finished up physical therapy a few weeks ago. I'm exploring new workouts in hopes to aiding in my running once I start up again.

I'm eagerly looking forward to Thanksgiving. This year we are hosting my side of the family at our new home and I'm so delighted. I've already begun planning the festive menu. I love to cook and I love to eat and I love to share that with my family and friends. One thing that I'm trying to hold onto is the idea of being present in the here and now. I'm trying to enjoy Thanksgiving and the harvest season rather than looking past it to Christmas. I'm not watching any Christmas themed movies, which are relentlessly playing already. I'm not changing my decor from fall/harvest to Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I truly and honestly want to take in the Thanksgiving season, The here and now.

Do you have any favorite Thanksgiving traditions? Do you eat turkey or ham? Inquiring minds want to know!

So, while life is moving a tad slower these days I'm hoping to seek this space where my thoughts become text more often.

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...