Monday, March 30, 2015

Brushing Off the Cobwebs

This little place has a few cobwebs, geez! Funny how things get left behind as others start to nudge their way to the forefront. I do love this little place where my thoughts, feelings and heart can be laid out. Yet, there is so much in my life that I love and want to give my 100% towards, I just can't give 100% to everything all the time.

That being said, there are a few things that I must always devote my all to. My health, my marriage, and my family. My health must come before anything, because without it I can't function. I MUST keep up on my treatments, running and doctor visits. In addition my marriage is so very important to me. I work hard everyday to ensure that my spouse feels loved, secure, appreciated and wanted.

So many good things are in the works and I look forward to sharing all those amazing things with you all. God sure does work all things for our (my) good. It doesn't always feel that way, especially when we really really want something to go our way, on our timeline and with our desired outcome. However, that's not what is always best.

I can share with you that I will be doing another half marathon on April 12th. I feel very confident that I'll be healthy enough to participate. I've been training since the first of the year and finished the longest run in my training schedule this last Saturday (March 28th). I'm excited to get another half under my belt. I can't express just how much running has changed me. It helps me feel confident in areas of my life where I don't feel confident, it helps me take an active role in keeping my lungs clear of the mucus junk, gives me a healthy outlet, and soooo sooo much more.

My ever-so-sweet sister-in-law, Heather, has taken on the challenge for yet another year to head the Kari Doodlin' Great Strides Team. I'm a firm believer that support comes in many forms. She has chosen to support the funding a cure and she visits me when I'm in jail (hospital) with my ever do darling niece and nephew. I feel so grateful that she is the mother to my niece, nephew and wife to my brother. I also thankful we get along and feel enough love for each other to show our support. Thank you, Heather! I love you.

If you're interested in helping her help me you can make a tax-deductible donation here:
Team Kari Doodlin' Donation Page

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...