Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Vacation 2016 - Channelling Our Inner Child

I'm a big believer in taking a vacation. Whether it's simply staying home or going some where you've alway dreamt of. Taking time to for ourselves and our relationships are so important.


Last October, hubby and I discussed doing just that. We were torn between two different destinations; Costa Rica and Atlantis at Paradise Island Bahamas. We eventually settled on Atlantis. Our reasoning was that we aren't getting any younger. So, we clicked the "book" button for a Bahamian getaway in March 2016.

Fast forward.

We are back from our Atlantis vacation We had a great time. We were able to be kids again We were thrilled by the ability to channel our adolescence side. We spend our time exploring the marine animals, all 22,000+ species of them and the AquaAdventure park.


I love just going, seeing, doing and adventuring. I guess you'd say I'm pretty easy to please. Channelling my inner child was more fun than I thought it would. Being a serious adult has become so ingrained in me that sometimes I forget how to have fun.

Leap-of-Faith


I'm so blessed to have husband who works his tush off so we can have amazing experiences in life together. He's so amazing. Seriously!

We have a fabulous time. I don't know how many times he/we did the slides or river but I can tell you it was fun - even for 30+ somethings as ourselves.



Many of the rides allowed double inner-tubes. We took full advantage of the rides let us go together.  When we wanted a little R&R we simply found a lounge chair and basked in the sunshine. But that was second to the rides...






All-in-all we had a great time and wished we were still there or at the very least brought the sunshine back to Oregon with us.

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...