Monday, August 21, 2017

Total Eclipse

Today, August 21st, 2017 we experienced a nearly total eclipse (99.24%) at 10:18am in the Portland, OR area; with a handful of cities in Oregon experiencing a total eclipse. It was a really cool experience, I do have to say. Of course, there was a ton of hype leading up to the event but when it was all said and done I'm glad I took the 30-ish minutes to be still and watch this rare occurrence.


The ability to sit, be still, calm and listen to my breath was just what I needed. I know I can do this anytime anywhere, but coupling it with a spectacular view of natures epic-ness was really spectacular.

(99.24% eclipse, photo via iphone thru eclipse glasses)

I'm gonna have to take a lesson from today and implement it for future days to come. Not sure about you but I tend to get so wrapped up in what I need to get done I forget to take a moment to appreciate the beauty around me. Nature has some pretty astounding views right out my doorstep and I should be more appreciative of that by taking notice. 

Lesson learned!

~Doodlin'


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...