Saturday, June 22, 2013

Setting New Goals

I'm revving things up a bit. After running a handful of 5k runs I'm ready to bump up to the next level. The 10k is freakishly daunting to think about but I think with a little will-power, muscle memory and grinding my soles on the pavement I can do this. 

When I first started running I shared that journey with you and all the not-so-pleasant experiences in-which that journey entailed. So, why not do the same as I attempt to reach this new goal after all its liking starting over. The 10k is doubling the 5k, so in essence its sort of like beginning the 5k all over again. The training is similar with the exception of knowing I can run for 30 mins whereas when I started training for the 5k I could not. At that time I knew I could walk for over an hour without needing a break. 

Here's to setting new goals and achieving them. I'm officially registered for two 10K's.  One in August and one in September.

My training schedule is as such for the August 10K:

I just wrapped up Week #1 and it feels great to have it done and under my belt. Today, was a fabulous morning for my Saturday run/walk rotation. The sun is out and my lungs felt amazing. My legs are a bit sore but thats to be expected. 

I should note that after each workout I drink a homemade shake that contains fresh fruit and some sort of nut butter to help replace lost calories. 

As a side goal, I want to update you each week with how that week's training went. This will help keep me accountable as well as address any struggles I'm facing or successes gained. Training never goes exactly how I put it to pen and paper. There are times of progress and times of having to take a step back. That's okay and I know that. My body is not a machine but its better, its can adjust!

~Doodlin'

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I, too, am hoping to train for a 10k, but next spring rather than this year. So I'll be starting with some 5ks in the fall and going from there. Glad another CF'er is out there pounding the pavement!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...