Friday, June 14, 2013

Sleep or the Lack Thereof....

I couldn't be more thankful that its Friday. I've been struggling with sleep lately which is largely why I'm excited for the weekend. No real obligations to be anywhere but church. Its amazing how quickly I run out of gas when I can't sleep. I hear people chatter about how little they sleep but yet still function at a high level. I'm not one of these people. 

About a month ago I did a home version of a sleep study, the results came back as inconclusive, its no wonder the machine they had me "rent" was huge and it had to rest on my chest. I'm a stomach/side sleeper so this was a  no-go for me.  So I'll be going into the sleep lab to redo it. 


B tells me all the time that I snore. In some cases he goes and sleeps in the spare room if he has a long day ahead of him. It was actually B's idea to seek out doing the study. Apparently, people with chronic lung disease have a high risk of having some form of a sleep disorder. This laundry list of secondary and third-endary diseases is ever expanding. Just sayin'


I've come a crossed a hand-full of CF'ers who have also done the sleep study and some of them have been sleeping with oxygen while others sleep with the C-PAP. I'm really hope I don't have to add yet another machine to the mix while I sleep, it already takes me too much time to unhook for a bathroom break in the middle of the night. Geez!


Maybe once this sleep thing is figured I'll have more energy, motivation, and be an overall more balanced person. 


~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...