Sunday, November 13, 2011

Rocked the running shoes today......

Ever woken up and made a mental note of all the amazing things your gonna do to become healthier. Buy strictly organic, drink more water than juice or soda in a 12 hour period, take a stroll or run outside to get fresh air, avoid fast-food, etc. Yesterday was just that for me.

I woke up wanting to read 3 chapters in my new book rather than watch TV, I put running clothes on and placed my shoes next to the front door, and had my water bottle full ready to hydrate. I accomplished all but running. So. ridiculous. I made more mental excuses than a child being put to bed. Guilt is what consumed the rest of the evening.

Guilt pushed my butt out the front at 10am this morning with my beagle in tow. I did a run/walk, running for 5 minutes then walking for 2 minutes. When I rounded the corner to our townhouse I felt great. My lungs were opened up, I was coughing up all that nasty junk that nobody wants hanging around. I feel like my legs look super-modelish and my overall self-esteem is rocking today! Why do I put this off?

Thanks to my friend at runsickboyrun for the inspiration this morning. After reading about his wife who just gave birth only a few shorts week ago and is rocking the running shoes already, I knew I could do it. What does she and I have in common, we both run for a better life.

Over the summer I logged 5-10 miles a week, ever since my hospitalization in September I have been so timid to get back on the pavement. It's hard to re-start a workout routine, but once I do it I often wonder how is it I have waited so long to re-start.

Just needed a good dose of self-inflicted guilt and a little inspiration!

Here's to better PFT's next month.

~Doodlin'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...