Monday, November 21, 2011

A Week of Giving Thanks: Day Two

I am so very grateful to have been born into the modern day society of America. In America we have so many privileges, access to so much, nice comfy hot water at the turn of a dial, light with the flick of a switch, access to a variety of healthcare options, and for that I am grateful. Had I been born into a less modernized society or into a society that has been ravaged by poverty or has a ridiculously low doctor to patient ratio; I would have died, CF would have overcome me.

I take this gift very seriously and feel that this gift is something I have a responsibility to pay forward. To help those who weren't as fortunate, to help those who so desperately need it to simply live another day, to provide a hope for the future.

Grateful to be an American, even with all our flaws, I still have hope for a future and because of that I can give that same hope to another whose country has even greater flaws than ours.

~Doodlin'

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I got your message just a few hours ago and it overwhelmed me with joy and thanksgiving. I'm so thankful God gave me your friendship. Your friendship is and has been a blessing that has made a world of difference in these past two years. I'm so glad you not only were born in America:) but that out of all the people who could have facilitate our family's formation through adoption, that it was you:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...