Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Warm snuggly blankets are what I am thankful for today.

I have been addicted to blankets since I was born. Going in and out of hospitals helped infused this accessory to my hip. I hate being cold and anyone who has had an IV knows that they don't always let the medications come to room temperature before beginning the infusion, thus literally cooling your blood. A blanket is an essential piece to my hospital pack that is loaded with comforts from home.

I also love them because they feel like someone is wrapping their arms around you even when they can't be with you. I have many blankets. Some have been store bought, some have been handmade, but each was given to me for a purpose; support and comfort.

Another aspect to this blanket addiction that is hard to kick is that I just simply love the snuggle factor. I love a soft warm blanket on my skin when I sit to read, watch tv, do my nebulizer, etc. It used to be that any old blanket would suffice but as I have grow in adulthood (I think I've made it there), I try to match my blankets to the rooms décor.

Today I am thankful for this little throw blanket that is keeping me warm and fashionable while I watch the snow fall in March.


Do you have a favorite blanket, stuffed animal, peice of clothing, etc that makes you feel snuggly?

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...