Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Cooking with Love

I am so thankful that I was able to learn the basics of cooking from a wonderfully loving individual; Nana. She alone shall be accredited to teaching me many lessons on preparing food. Her taste in food is   heavy southern comfort meals that I loved to eat growing up. I still crave those comfort meals and still prepare them every once in awhile. But more importantly what she transferred to me was a love of preparing wholesome meals for my loved ones.

I believe this is the most magical ingredient of all. Adding love to any dish will surely be a hit. Since B and I got married I have enjoyed cooking for him. I delight in seeing his face after a long arduous day at work as he walks in the door to smell another one of my creations. I secretly think he dreams about what dinner will be each night. I love watching him inhale the plate of food. I love that I am in some small way not only satisfying his hunger but helping be the best him he can be by giving a healthy meal. We, of course, have our guilty pleasures that we indulge in now and then.

I have really been pushing the boundaries of my cooking abilities. I am venturing into unknown territories. This brings some frustration when the dish doesn't turn out like I think it should or how the picture of the recipe looks, but its fun.

Surprisingly to most, B loves to cook. He loves food. He loves trying new things and he's awesome at giving feedback. A lot of times we pick out new recipes together and work together on Sunday's to prepare the meal. Such a great way to spend quality time together.

Cooking with love is something I am beyond grateful that Nana passed down to me.

Off to cook dinner.

~Doodlin'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...