Saturday, February 2, 2013

Mo'orea, Sharks, Dolphins, Stingray and more....

Last time I left you with a some what gloomy post so to make up for it I wanted to tell you that my life is amazing despite a few rough patches. In November, B and I went on the vacation of our dreams. Many people helped make this trip happen, from the doctors who rescued me with medication right before I boarded the plane to those who helped financially.

We've all seen the picquese scene of turquoise blue ocean water with fancy little huts extended out into the ocean. Well, thats just right where we found ourselves at on the morning of November 2nd. I had an entire suit case full of meds but I vowed that I would find peace on this trip. Peace with the craziness of a life with a terminal illness. I think I found it.... the trick is to use my muscle memory when the seas get rough again!


url.jpg

Mo'orea, French Polynesia





The beauty is beyond real. The 82 degree average temperature warmed my weary bones. The sounds of the ocean lapping against the shore placed me in a state of absolute calmness.




Wishing I could transport myself back to this heavenly hammock! 



We took the plunge as soon as they took us to our over-water bungalow. The water was SCREAMING my name.







We lived in and on the water for 7 days! The ocean is sort of magical. Its calming, yet invigorating. My lungs thrived on the salty air. I began to feel good again even with having been placed on antibiotics just before leaving Oregon.


Just look at this sunset. I don't know how your spirits can't be uplifted with a view like this. I sort of had a huge revelation watching this sunset. God allows all life to begin and he beautifully takes it. When my time comes I hope those who love me will have this sunset in their vision. A sign of a life wonderfully lived in full color.

Yes, ladies and gents! I ROCKED the g-tube. I made that decision along time ago, I am beautifully imperfect. The fact that I have a few scares and the toobie are not gonna slow me down. Everyone on this planet is insecure about something, so let's get over it. Let's see each other for who we are, what our hearts are about and not what our physical being appears like. Plus beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My hubby loves me and my imperfect body!



Sharks and Stingray, Oh My!! I have to admit I was a bit terrified during the boat ride out to visit with these awesome sea creatures. B was beyond excited. Swimming with sharks is a bucket list item for him. The bad part, he now wants to have a close encounter with a Great White. Lord help me!!






 For anyone wondering, B is a huge U of O Ducks fan!! In case this photo left you lost.

My dream since I can remember is getting close and personal with a bottle nose dolphin. I even had my room painted ocean blue with boarder wall paper of dolphins. Its a known fact that I love dolphins. A huge thank you to those who made this possible, you know who you are!



(Goodness, I love this man!)



In the end, you were able to let go. Let go of the pile of bills awaiting money that may never come, the laundry that's in piles, the emails and phone calls that probably won't be returned, the looming threat of early death, the possibility that having a family might not be our path, all the stress that this life places upon us. We got back to a place of thankfulness, silliness, appreciation, love, adventure, and each other.




Until next time! But until then life is a blessing. This space that I call life is truly amazing. God is forever good.

A big THANK YOU to my in-laws, my mom, and my hubby for working his fingers to the bone so that we could have this experience. I love you all!!

As a side note, the pink top and straw hat that I'm wearing is because the antibiotics that I was on made me sensitive to the sun. I didn't want to burn so I found this top and it helped prevent what could have been a nasty sun burn. Plus that hat is a very cute accessory for other outfits!!

~Doodlin'

3 comments:

  1. Love this entry about your trip! It's as beautiful as you are. Thank you for sharing and being so open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I know that it may "appear" that this come easy... but thats not true. God is the mightily provider! He chooses when and who.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY inspirational, Kari. Wish we would have known about your trip, earlier. LOOKS so fabulous! "Aunt & Uncle" Jan & Al

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...