Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

CF awareness is briefly interrupted to recap Mother's Day.

Last year I wrote a somber post about how I was feeling about Mother's Day. This year I'm feeling different. Different in ways that I'm not yet ready to vocalize to the world but nonetheless I had a fabulous weekend visiting with my mom.

Since mom had to trek back to Bend (Central Oregon) on Sunday we had a family dinner on Saturday. It was a gorgeous day in the PacNW. So we took full advantage by dining outside.


My sister-in-law brought bubble guns for my niece and nephew to play with. Genius idea to keep the kids occupied while waiting for our meal.





I have a step sister whom B loves to pester.


But the dinner was really to celebrate my mom. To say thank you for all the sacrifices and to show her a good time with all of us!


A mom to a very sick child is hard work. Its emotional. She had no idea if I would live to see this phase of life. While she hoped she truly didn't know. So, I think for her mother's day is special, she still has both her children to enjoy life with. My brother made her an "ammy" (grandma), I will turn 31 next month, my brother and I are married and following our dreams. She did a pretty good job!

Love you mom!

~Doodlin'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...