Tuesday, April 16, 2013

With a Heavy Heart

 
One of the hardest parts of being active in the CF community is losing a dear soul to this disease. While I might not have met these dear people in person I have prayed for them, I have cried for some, and I have laughed with many. Those whom I have had the pleasure of knowing face-to-face I have held their hands, wiped their tears, watched their eyes sparkle with every smile and delighted in their lives. With all of them I understand their suffering to the core. I get it.

This last year has been particularly hard. I have watched far too many gain their angel wings. It breaks my heart each and every time. It never gets easier. Ever. In fact, it gets harder. The older I get the more friends I lose.

My heart is heavy for them, for their families, and for the ones who love them to infinity and beyond. As I write this post another CF'er is preparing to say goodbye. To give final hugs, kisses and I love you's. They are understanding on a very real level what dying is. They are way too young for this experience. They still have so many dreams, goals, hopes and want-to-do's.

This life we're given is so temporary. The same God who gives us breath is the same God who takes it. I know God has a plan for every one of his creations whether we believe it or not. I believe God is good. Even amongst all this suffering God is good and just. I pray that those who have lost their battle in this life have gained a full understanding of God's grace. The God has shown them what their lives meant and how it glorified him.

I still grieve their loss. I still feel a heavy burden as a life ends.

I promise to keep fighting. To keep after a cure. Its all I can do. Until we meet again dear friends know you'll never be forgotten.

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...