Friday, May 4, 2012

Let's Find a Cure...Please

This year I am joining Portland Timbers goalie Joe Bendik in not only bringing awareness to the Rose City but also to help fund a cure thru research. Joe's nephew Gavin has CF, he inspired by Gavin, he just like all who love Gavin want him to have a future free from this disease.

I am a 29 year old CF'er who is inspired by those around me everyday. I have friends who are doing amazing work to make this world a better place. I want so desperately to be apart of that change but for many reason's I can't. CF holds me back. Holds me in place where I must fight for every breathe. 

In my lifetime, I have seen huge leaps forward in research. That research then produced medications that is not only pushing the life expectancy but the quality of life we have. Research comes with a very large price tag. 

Please help myself and Gavin and the thousands just like us have a future. A future where our ambitions can be realized. A future where we can travel to far away lands giving aid to those who need it. A future where we can play soccer. A future where any thing we conjure up in our hearts and minds could have a possibility.


~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...