Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"Nearly Normal", ummm....what?

Me: "Say what?"

CF Doctor: "Your lung function is stable, and nearly normal."

Me: What?!

CF Doctor: "whatever you've been doing, even with the ebbs and flows of compliance, has been working for you."

This is a snippet of my conversation at yesterday's CF Clinic appointment after doing my PFT's. I am blown away. In 40 days I will be 30 years old with CF and quite possibly the healthiest I have ever been. My stats on 5/15/12:

Blood Pressure: 114/70
Pulse: 70
Weight: 123 lbs
BMI: 20.87 (I have worked SO hard for this!! Yay, g-tube)
FEV1: 74% (80-100+ is considered normal; I ranked 74% of woman my age, height and whom are healthy)

I can tell you this, I will not stop at "nearly normal" I will continue to push the boundaries of my health. I will not rest until I am "normal" until CF is no longer. Beyond thrilled is an understatement.

Me, nearly normal!!


~Doodlin'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...