Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday: May Flowers

Finding one thing to be thankful for is actually sort of difficult. Life is too full and abundant to be thankful for just one thing. However, today, or this entire week rather, my eyes have been drawn to all the gorgeous flowers that are beginning to bloom. As I drive into town I pass a man rototilling his little patch of dirt for what appears to be the start of a vegetable garden, while his wife is preparing baskets to hang from their porch. I just love the idea of taking something ordinary, a patch of dirt, and edifying it with flowers or plants. It reminds of the old mentor of life that with death (winter) comes life (spring).

Many of you know that my hubby works in the Landscape Design arena and I used to wonder how in the world the hubs enjoyed what he does for a living but this time each year I am reminded. He, just like the couple above, take a plain piece of land and give it life. He loves it. He loves seeing the transformation. He loves working outside with his hands.

I love that his profession affords us all sorts of "leftovers", which generally end up in one of my flower pots. The first "leftover" this season is this beautiful orange Lilly. She came to us with no blooms and has just recently shown herself.



Today, I am thankful for all the stunning May flowers that are blooming all over the place. Fills my day with color and rejuvenates my mood.

~Doodlin'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...