Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Two Birds with One Stone

Saturday I was invited to run another 5K in support of Child Abuse Prevention that was being hosted by a number of different State organizations. I was hesitant simply because I didn't feel prepared to run with a group whom I had never run with. They are a great group ladies who are doing inspiring things but running with anyone but my hubby and close family is intimating for me. With the hubs encouragement I decided to join them and do my best.

After the run I was thinking that not only am I keeping my lungs and body as healthy as possible I am also helping bring awareness for some vulnerable children. Thus as the saying goes "killing two birds with one stone." The ladies where amazing to run with and the coffee and girl time afterwards was such a nice little treat.

Here are my results, not too shabby for feeling unprepared:


~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...