Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday: IV drugs

After today's events I am so thankful for IV drugs. The kind of drugs that can make the horrid feeling of wanting/needing to vomit none stop simply melt away and a headache that was making every attempt to split my head in half, so subside within hours.

Since around Sunday I have had a nearly constant headache. I didn't put much thought into it because living in PacNW during this time of year many experience allergies and I honestly thought that I must have a slight touch of it. As Monday came and went the headache persisted and I continue to attribute it to allergies or stress.

However, this morning I awoke feeling nauseated and the headache had gotten almost intolerable. I pushed on even after vomiting and went on with my daily to-do's. Around noon-ish my vision began to blur causing me to begin to freak out. This is highly unusual.

Being that almost everything that ales me is related to CF, I called my CF team. I was instructed to report immediately. Once in the clinic my doctor diagnosed it as a migraine and probable dehydration from the vomiting. So, not in fact CF related. Yay! Just relatively normal non-CF stuff, for once.

He sent me over to nurse treatment in order to start IV's to help alleviate my nausea, migraine and dehydration. So, thankful for these amazingly wonderful drugs. The actual IV process not so much but it's a walk in the park to the thousands of other procedures I've endured.


Let's hope these magical drugs do the trick and ward off migraines forever. Thankful. Thankful.

~Doodlin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...